ABOUT OUR CLINIC
Usui Orthopedic Surgery was established on February 15, 2005. Our clinic will provide diagnosis and treatment for a variety of locomotory disorders, including pains of body parts (joints, neck, waist, etc.), physical injury (incised wound, scrape, bruise, sprain, dislocation, etc.), as well as rheumatoid arthritis, mainly through the use of nonsurgical (conservative) therapies. Our clinic can also help to provide curative treatment that suppress the recurrence of symptoms other than palliative treatment that reduces pain transiently.
About 12 minutes from the Toki Minami Tajimi Interchange of the Tokai-Kanjo Expressway.
In recent years, the technical progress in conservative treatment has been remarkable in the field, so that the number of treatments for chronic disorders that require surgery has been much lower. For acute disorders, however, surgical treatment may be essential. In these cases, we can refer our patients to Gifu Prefectural Tajimi Hospital or Tajimi City Hospital and, if necessary, other medical institutions such as university hospitals.
|Clinic name||Usui Orthopedic Surgery|
|Address||12-214-1, Takirocho, Tajimi-shi, Gifu 507-0813 Japan|
|Diagnosis and Treatment Fields||Orthopedic surgery, rheumatology, and rehabilitation|
|8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.||○||○||○||○||○||○||Closed||Closed|
|3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.||○||○||Closed||○||○||Closed||Closed||Closed|
Closed: Wednesday and Saturday afternoons, Sundays, holidays
Features of Our Clinic
For our unique services, we are committed to the following:
- Strive not merely to reduce pain transiently, but to identify the causes of disorders as correctly as possible and to treat patients properly based on the identified causes. In addition, aim to achieve patient health by preventing the recurrence of the disorder.
- Introduce a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) system to identify ligaments, cartilage, and nerves that are less radio-opaque, which enables us to treat patients properly based on a diagnosis as correctly as possible.
- Implement electronic charts and image filing systems to store digital data and improve the level of medical care. As a result, we have an eco-friendly, that is, paperless and filmless, environment in our clinic.
- Perform bone density testing of the lumbar spine to diagnose osteoporosis according to the criteria defined by the Japanese Society for Bone and Mineral Research.
- Endeavor to reduce patients’ exposure to radiation by using an inverter X-ray system.
- Ensure a barrier-free environment throughout the clinic to enable patients who use wheelchairs or have difficulty using their legs to move freely. Toilets are available for patients who use wheelchairs.
Introduction to Our Medical Equipment (Partial)
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) system
This MRI system can also diagnose lesions of the nerves, vessels, muscles, and tendons that are less radio-opaque.
Moreover, it is well suited to diagnose sport injuries.
Diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis is one of the services in which we specialize. We introduced bone density testing of the lumbar spine as a measurement system to diagnose and treat this disease effectively.
About Dr. Usui
Clinic director：Hideki Usui
Birth place：Toyoda-shi, Aichi, Japan.
Hobbies and Interests：Listening to classical music, playing tennis and golf, calligraphy (pen name: Kohseki), and motor sports
- March 1984
- Graduated from Okazaki Junior High School affiliated to Aichi University of Education
- March 1987
- Graduated from Tokai Private High School
- March 1993
- Graduated from the National Defense Medical College
- February 2020
- Japan Traditional Osteopathic College
Internship and Residency：
- April 1993–1995
- National Defense Medical College Hospital
- June 1995–1997
- Hamamatsu Air Base Medical Office
Seirei Hamamatsu General Hospital (where he trained in the Department of Orthopedic Surgery)
- August 1997–2005
- Gifu Prefectural Tajimi Hospital, Department of Orthopedic Surgery
- February 2005–present
- Usui Orthopedic Surgery Clinic
- Orthopedic Specialist certified by the Japanese Orthopaedic Association
- Sports doctor certified by the Japan Sports Association
- Rheumatologist certified by the Japan College of Rheumatology
- Registered physician of the Japan Rheumatism Foundation
- Japanese Orthopaedic Association
- Japanese Society for Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation
- Japan College of Rheumatology
- Japan Osteopathic Professional Association
About Orthopedic Specialists
- Completed an overall medical course including basic medicine (anatomy, pathology, etc.) and clinical medicine (internal medicine, surgery, etc.) for six years in a school of medicine (or medical college)
- Passed the National Medical Practitioners Qualifying Examination with medical license
- Joined the Japanese Orthopaedic Association with six years of training and qualified as an Orthopedic Specialist
Images of our Clinic
By train and city bus
- About 20 minutes by bus from the south entrance of Tajimi Station on the JR Chuo Line
(About a seven- to eight-minute walk from the Town Takirocho Center bus stop)
- About 12 minutes from the Toki Minami Tajimi Interchange of the Tokai-Kanjo Expressway
- Ten minutes from the Toki Premium Outlets
- Go straight to the north from Mukoujima intersection, and turn left immediately after passing Genki on the left-hand side. Then go ahead 300 m and our clinic is on the left.
- Go to the south from Shimoishi-nishi and turn right immediately after passing the right-hand side of our clinic billboard. Then go ahead 300 m and our clinic is on the left.
- Parking for 53 vehicles available (free to outpatients)